Part IListening Comprehension (15minutes)
Directions: This part is to test your listening ability. It consists of 3 sections.
Directions:This section is to test your ability to understand short dialogues. There are 5 recorded dialogues in it. After each dialogue, there is a recorded question. Both the dialogues and questions will be spoken only once. When you hear a question, you should decide on the correct answer from the 4 choices marked A, B, C and D given in your test paper. Then you should mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
Example:You will hear:
You will read:A. New York City.B. An evening party.
C. An air trip.D. The man’s job.
From the dialogue we learn that the man is to take a flight to New York. Therefore, C. An air trip is the correct answer. You should mark C on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center. [A] [B] [C] [D]
Now the test will begin.
1. A) Buy a less expensive car. B)Make a price comparison.
C) Borrow money from the bank. D) Wait until the price goes down.
2. A) No job is suitable for her. B) They can't offer any position.
C) She can't meet its requirements. D) Her English is not good enough.
3. A) A free gift. B) A VIP card.C) A free ticket.D) A price discount.
4. A) The machine works well. B) The machine costs too much.
C)The woman is making a complaint. D)The woman wantsto gether money back
5. A) To meet a friend. B) To sell a product.
C) To discuss a sales plan.D) To make an appointment.
Direction:This section is to test your ability to understand short conversations. There are 2 recorded conversations in it. After each conversation, there are some recorded questions .Both the conversations and questions will be spoken two times. When you hear a question, you should decide on the correct answer from the 4 choices marked A, B, C and D given in your test paper. Then you should mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
6. A) Cashing a check.B) Opening an account.
C) Saving some money. D) Applying for a loan.
7. A) Four notes of one hundred.B) Eight notes of one hundred.
C) Ten notes of fifty.D) Fifteen notes of twenty.
8. A)To have more work experience. B)To have a much higher salary.
C) To get a better chance for promotion. D) To try something more challenging.
9. A)From a magazine. B)From a brochure.
C) From a friend. D) From a newspaper.
10. A) He has related work experience. B) His education background is good.
C) His English is beyond average. D) He has a strong sense of responsibility.
Directions:In this section you will hear a recorded short passage. The passage is printed in the test paper, but with some words or phrase missing. The passage will be read two timese. You are required to put the missing words or phrases on the Answer Sheet in order of the numbered blanks according to what you hear. Now listen to the passage.
Before I go on vacation ,I always plan my trip. For starters, l usually take a look at travel guide books or 11 and review possible destinations. Then, I check the costs involved in traveling to that particular place. If I'm going by plane, then I have to 12 on airfare for different airlines. If I'm traveling by train, then I have to 13 train passes or tickets. I also need to locate hotel accommodations. Fortunately, l don't mind 14at a cheap hotel or a motel. Finally, l try to plan money for meals and other sightseeing expenses. If I plan15 ,1 usually have a good time.
Directions:This section is to test your ability to comprehend short passages. You will hear a recorded passage. After that you will hear five questions. Both the passage and the questions will be read two times. When you hear a question .you should complete the answer to it with a word or a short phrase (in no more than 3words). The questions and incomplete answers are printed in your test paper. You should write your answers on the answer sheet correspondingly. Now listen to the passage.
16. What will the speaker talk about first at the meeting?
The company's this year.
17. How are the company's sales this year?
18. What does the speaker think of the sales people?
They have been working .
19. How much did last year's sales decrease?
They went down by.
20. What did some people feel about the decisions made by the company?
They werewith them at first.
Part IIStructure(15 minutes)
Directions: This part is to test your ability to construct grammatically correct sentences. It consists of 2 sections.
Directions:In this section, there are 10 incomplete sentences. You are required to complete each one by deciding on the most appropriate word or words from the 4 choices marked A, B, C and D. Then you should mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
21. Generally, you should avoidbusiness over a meal until your host gives a signal.
A) talk aboutB) talking about
C) to talk aboutD) talked about
22. The factwe may not be able to directly assist you does not mean your complaint isn't valid.
23. Williams' proposal, at a board meeting last week, was to set up a committee to review the marketing plan.
A)discussB ) discussingC)discussedD)to be discussed
24. You can experience a fast internet connection inthe same way as you do in the office.
25. As to who is to be hired, it is the Human Resources Departmenthas the final say.
26. The employees of the company have got much income this year than they did last year.
27. Experts say that even the job market is tough, there are more positions available than many people think.
28. Looking for a new job while still is quite a challenge for any of us.
29. The online shop provides a video to help old people learn to do online shopping.
30. We are expecting the goods we orderedat our warehouse by the end of next month.
A) to arriveB) arriving C ) arrive D) arrived
Directions: There are 5 incomplete statements here. You should fill in each blank with the proper form of the word given in brackets. Write the word or words in the corresponding space on the Answer Sheet.
31. When you feel that you have received unfair( treat),the Service Quality Manager will conduct an investigation into the matter.
32. Please note that only (qualify)applicants will be contacted by the hiring manager.
33. They have promised to conduct an (investigate)into the complaint.
34. Our products were (gradual)accepted by customers and gained a good reputation in the market.
35.The card issuer must send you the refund within seven business days of ( receive)your
Part IIIReading Comprehension(40 minutes)
Directions: This part is to test your reading ability. There are 5 tasks for you to fulfill. You should read the reading materials carefully and do the tasks as you are instructed.
Directions: After reading the following passage, you will find 5 questions or unfinished statements, numbered 36 to 40. For each question or statement there are 4 choices marked A, B, C and D. You should make the correct choice and mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
When you quit a job, you typically give two weeks' notice. But at KIND Healthy Snacks they do things differently.
Founder and CEO Daniel Lubetzky asks employees, whom he calls“team members,” for at least two months, and in some cases two years' notice.
In return, Lubetzky focuses on their professional growth until the day they leave.
It may sound extreme, unrealistic even, to ask for two months' notice-or two years' notice from those who work with him directly-but his reasoning makes perfect sense.
“Well call the KIND team a‘family’, so major life transitions(转变)like changing jobs aren't meant to be kept in secret until the last minute. ”Lubetzky tells Business Insider. No one should be scared to talk about what's next for them.“I would rather a team member come to me months in advance, letting me know what will be happening in their life,” he says,“whether it is a baby on the way, a relocation for personal reasons, or a plan to go back to school. ”
Lubetzky doesn't expect his employees to accept a job elsewhere and ask the new employer to delay their start date by two months or two years. He simply wants anyone who is exploring new opportunities to be open about it.
36. How long in advance does Lubetzky ask his employees to give their job-quitting notice?
A) Two weeks.B) One month.
C) At least two months.D) More than two years.
37. For his employees, Lubetzky cares most about
A) their health conditionsB) their further education
C) their retirement pensionD) their professional growth
38. One of the reasons given by Lubetzky for his job-quitting notice is that。
A)he treats his team as a “family”
B) he can save a large amount of money
C) changing jobs is regarded as a life transition
D) the news of changing jobs should be kept in secret
39. What does the underlined phrase “a baby on the way”mean?
A)A baby is going to be born.B)A baby is growing healthily.
C)A baby is going to be adopted.D)A new-born baby is coming home.
40.What is the actual purpose of Lubetzky's requirement of job quitting?
A) The employees should be loyal to the company.
B) The employees should be open about their leaving.
C)The employees may get enough time to search for a new job.
D)The employees may save enough money to support their family.
Directions: This task is the same as Task 1. The 5 questions or unfinished statements are numbered 41 to 45.
Dear Mr. Li Dong,
I am pleased to confirm that you have a conditional offer of a place at the University of Luton.
You should arrive in time for Welcome Week, which begins on 16th September, 2015. Teaching begins on 30th September, 2015.However, the University will admit students up to two weeks after this date.
You have been made a conditional offer. As soon as you have met the conditions set for you, please inform International Admissions in writing by letter or fax with a copy of your certificate if applicable. International students in their first year of study at Luton can apply for a place to stay in the university. You should therefore ensure that you or your sponsor can provide at least ￡600 per month to support yourself. All students whose first language is not English are expected to obtain formal English proficiency certificates.
Please return the attached Reply Slip to us as soon as possible, indicating whether or not you wish to accept the conditional place offered to you. We look forward to hearing from you again soon. If you have any questions about your offer or your stay in the university, please do not hesitate to contact International Admissions.
41. Welcome Week of the University starts on.
A)16th SeptemberB)30th SeptemberC)7th OctoberD)14th October
42. What should Li Dong do when he has met the conditions set for him?
A) Prepare a copy of his resume.B)Travel to the
C)Inform International Admissions.D)Send a short notice to his sponsor.
43.International students can apply to stay for a year in the University of Luton if
A) they would like to find a past-time job on campus
B) they can borrow a loan from the university
C)they agree to share a flat with another student
D) they can have the money to support themselves
44. What is the requirement for students whose first language is not English?
A)To pass the University's entrance examination.
B) To have formal English proficiency certificates.
C)To go through a two-week English training course.
D) To provide a reference from their former teachers.
45. The purpose of the letter is to ask the applicant whether .
A) he accepts the offer.B) he needs financial support
C)he wants help in applying for a VisaD)he wishes to share a flat with other
Directions: Read the following passage. After reading it, you are required to complete the outline below it (No.46 to No.50). You should write your answers briefly (in not more than three words) on the Answer Sheet correspondingly.
The Job Finder program was designed for teenagers and young adults. It provides opportunities for education and employment. It allows those who have limited access to adequate education and restricted income to advance and compete in the real world.
The Job Finder program requires applicants to be between 16 and 24 years old. Youths from limited-income families and disadvantaged home lives are eligible for admission. Their housing, health care and food will he covered with no required expenses from them or their families. Job Finder applicants must be
citizens and demonstrate a need for financial and educational support. Enrollment begins by contacting ( 800) 733-JOBS.
The Program offers safe working and living environments at various centers throughout the
. Those enrolled may live in one of the centers or at home.Each Job Finder participant will receive real world job training and collect a living allowance when he displays satisfactory achievements. Participants also have the opportunity to obtain a high-school diploma or test for a driver's license.
Job Finder Program
Purpose: Providing opportunities for education and employment
1) aged from 16 t0 24 years old
2)from limited-income families and 46home lives
4) need for financial and educational support
1)48working and living environments
2)real world49and a living allowance
3)opportunity to obtain a high-school diploma or test for a 50
Directions:The following is a list of items related to museum visiting. After reading it, you are required to find the items equivalent to (与…等同) those given in Chinese in the table below. Then you should put the corresponding letters in the brackets on the Answer Sheet, numbered 51 through 55.
A—Acquisition cost J—Credit level
B—Actual costsK—Customer relationship management
C—Arrival noticeL—Duty free zone
D—Balance of trade M—Electronic commerce
E—Bill of lading numberN—Free trade zone
F—Buyer behaviorO—Indirect cost
G—Cash conversion cycleP—Minimum weight
H—Certificate of originQ—Net weight
I—Chain of customers
Directions：Read the following passage. After reading it, you should give brief answers to the 5 questions (No.56 to No.60) that follow. The answers (in not more than three words) should be written after the corresponding numbers on the Answer Sheet.
Not everyone thinks that life insurance is an important purchase to make for their family.That's why we've created the B-Assured Life insurance that's really quick and easy.If you're the breadwinner (养家糊口的人) ,you won't want to leave your loved ones with money struggles. So it makes sense to cover some of the costs of raising a family. With the B-Assured Life insurance you can apply online and be covered in minutes. It's great value too, as you get tax relief on your premiums. So why not go online to www. barclayslifeinsurance. com and get a quote? From just a few pennies a day, you can help protect your family.
*B-Assured is available for people aged between 18 and 55
*A lump sum (—次付清)is paid out when the policy holder dies or is diagnosed with a terminal illness
* Tax relief on your premiums
*A choice of cover levels-￡ 50 000,￡ 100 000,￡ 150 000 and￡ 200 000
* Choose from 10 t0 25 year terms
* Easy to apply-get an online quote in minutes
56. What is the advantage of the B-assured Life Insurance?
It is really
57. How can you apply for the B-Assured Life insurance?
58. Who are qualified to apply for the B-Assured Life insurance?
People aged ,between
59. How will the policy holder be paid when he is diagnosed with a terminal illness?
will be paid out.
60. What benefit can you get with the B-Assured Life insurance?
on your premiums.
Part IVTranslation -- English into Chinese(25 minutes)
Directions: This part, numbered 61 through 65, is to test your ability to translate English into Chinese. After each of the sentences numbered 61 to 64, you will read four choices of suggested translation. You should choose the best translation and mark the corresponding letter on your Answer Sheet. And for the paragraph numbered 65, write your translation in the corresponding space on the Translation/ Composition Sheet.
61. To confirm the reservation, please visit our office during business hours with a deposit of 75% of the total tour fare per person.
62.The company has appointed more than one hundred agents in various important cities in over 50 countries throughout the world.
63. We ensure that there is an environment in which differences are respected and different solutions and ideas are welcome。
64. Once your application has been processed, the details of the benefits and services will be sent to you within 5 workdays．
65. Today you can do nearly all your banking by using your smart phone. Many of the major banks allow you to pay bills or transfer funds with a smart phone.Experts say that about 70% of Americans will use a mobile banking service in the near future.But some of them are worried about the safety of the mobile banking service. If you are to do banking frequently with your smart phone, you should get antivirus（防病毒）software and set a password on your phone.
Part VWriting(25 minutes)
Directions: This part is to test your ability to do practical writing. You are required to write an Application Letter according to the following information given in Chinese. Remember to do the task on the Translation /Composition Sheet.